Sunday, March 25, 2007

TELEMUNDO and Casa MAMi




This is from an email that I just received from Sister Elma!! It is too amazing NOT to post!!
Translating it says: God bless you Sister Kathy, thank you for your work and efforts to support the home. There is a lot of work at the home lately. I will explain:

1)I received the check that you sent and tomorrow I will cash it to pay for some material that we needed and to pay the construction workers.

2) Tomorrow a group is coming to do some more of the painting; Sister Bleik is part of Brother Rick Hagans group.

3) The patio staircase is almost 60% complete; next week, when it is more complete, I'll send pictures

4) Last week we were visited by the TV station of Telemundo. They invited the girls to go on an excursion to McAllen,Tx to see a childrens' show. I said that we did not have the papers for the girls to cross the border. They said that they would take care of that so TODAY AT 11:00 (SUNDAY, MARCH 25) they will come and take all of us to McAllen, TX!!! They will drive us around the city, show them the historical museum, take them to eat pizza, and finally to the convention center to meet a Mexican artist (performer) called Tatiana! They will be on her show tonight, which is from 7-9:30! So, we will get home late! A BLESSING FROM GOD!~ The person who was organizing this didn't know where to get some children from an orphanage that was not of the government, and had all girls. A teacher was talking to this person and told them, "you should go to Casa MAMi because everyone knows about it and knows that they do a good job and have lots of girls, but I don't know the address. I went there a long time ago when they were renting property and since then they have moved." The cleaning lady over heard this and said, "I know where it is. Once when I was having trouble with my girls and my husband, I took the girls there and the people helped me and didn 't charge me anything and my girls were very happy." So, that is how the Telemundo people came to visit us! I think that tomorrow at 5:00 there will be a report on the TV about this visit. This is something that only God could have done!

Click on this to see the Tatiana Concert info!

5) Pastor Deborah Bosque, a friend of many years from Matamoros, sent me some money for uniforms. I wanted to get something special for today's outing so I went looking. I found matching outfits at JC Penny but they were $20 a piece and I only had $500 but I talked to the sales clerk about possibly getting a discount. I explained what it was for, etc. She was gone a long time (10-15 min) and finally came back saying that the manager would let me have two for the price of one! They only had enough in yellow. When she was figuring the total, it was still more than $500 so they ended up giving me another 10% discount so that the total cost was $485!! God is so good! Then, the sales girl gave me everything in bags; I had bags full of outfits and more bags with the hangers. I asked her to watch the bags while I went to find a cart. She said, "don't worry, this other helper and I will help you carry them to your car". Some people may think that this is normal, but I believe that this is God taking care of me. He watches over me every moment and always sustains me with his right hand. That day I was feeling so tired because I had gotten up very early and it was 7:00pm when this was happening, so it is that God takes care of me and helps me each moment. So, today has been a long and busy day for us.


Then, Sister Elma ends her email, as she always does, saying: "Blessings now and always, may the peace of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit be always with you all"

I called Grace & Andy to tell them about this! Then, Elma just phoned to say that Andy & Grace called her and they will try to meet up with the group today!! Another blessing, Andy and I talked about the dinner on Friday. One issue that has been mentioned to me by Sister Elma, a couple of times this year, is the interest that the Mexicans have in forming a joint board with them to over see the home. This will be something to look in to, and could be something that will strengthen the infrastructure of the home, a prayer need that was recently identified!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home