Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain!

Just called Sister Elma: I sent a check to her P.O. box and it was returned. I resent it and I wanted to find out if it arrived! Yes. She thinks they have a new carrier, or postal employee who just made a mistake.

It is raining a lot and they are happy about this!

All is well at the Casa Hogar in Reynosa, in spite of the terrible reports of violence along the border, from Monterrey north. She told me that everyday they pray, "Dear Lord, please keep all of the bad people away from the casa hogar, and do not let any of them knock at our door"! It is working and the children are pleased to know of God's faithfulness.

She told me about one new boy, resident at the Casa de NiƱos on Carranza, opened one year ago. He is almost 8 years old. He witnessed his father kill his mother and is struggling to overcome the anger and other problems that you can imagine he feels.

The patio is built on the third floor and the children use it for play and extra space. Currently, 65 girls, ages 3-18, sleep at the Rio Frio location. While 16 boys, ages 6-12, stay at the Carranza location.

Thank you for remembering this ministry with your prayers and support.
God bless you!

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Brinca said...

I'm glad to hear you got some rain. I will keep on praying for you all. I was hoping to visit again and do activities with kids. I hope every day is a filled with grace and love in Christ. God bless you all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home